Ginger Mint Green Tea
Benefits: Clearing Heat
3 ounces Ginger, sliced
1 cup Mint Leaves
6 bags Green Tea
½ cup Honey
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
6 cups Water
1. In a large saucepan over high heat, combine ginger and water and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add mint and tea bags
3. Cover pot and let steep for 15 minutes.
4. Strain liquid into a large pitcher or other container.
5. Add honey and lemon juice and stir.
6. Leave out until it has cooled to room temperature or refrigerate.
Aids in digestion
Soothe the Liver
Having a balanced diet is one of the most important aspects of disease prevention. Many foods that you eat also double as herbs and possess medicinal qualities. By knowing your own body and eating the right foods, you can keep your body balanced and in good health.
According to Chinese Medicine, the superior practitioner prevents disease before it can manifest. The traditional Chinese medicine approach to nutrition differs from that of standard western nutrition. According to TCM, foods are categorized into 6 different tastes: acrid, sour, sweet, salty, bitter, and bland. Each taste is drawn to and acts on different organs in the body. Foods are also classified into Yin and Yang, the same way your body is also maintains Yin and Yang balance. By knowing your own body constitution and weaknesses, you can formulate a specialized diet to keep your immune system strong.
Below are two sample recipes of foods for certain conditions.
5 element Soup
Benefits: General/Prevent Cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure
50g Radish leave
2-3 Shitake Mushroom
1. Clean all the above ingredients and cut into large pieces.
2. Add in 6 cups water and bring to boil.
3. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Strengthen immune system, anti-aging, prevent cancer, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Clear heat, relieve toxin, nourish 5 organs, strengthen body